Orange is the new lip trend for spring/summer 2014.
While it’s a little premature to bust out the short shorts and crop tops, we’ve found a way to inject some summertime ease into our lives thanks to our new favorite beauty trend: orange lipstick. Featured at shows like Rag & Bone, Creatures of the Wind, Prabal Gurung and DKNY, summery shades like tangerine, coral, apricot and carrot were all on display.
Want to rock orange lips? Here’s some tips on how to make it work for you.
- Even out your skin tone. As the weather warms up, heavy foundations for day are something that most of us should push to the side. A good BB or CC Cream mixed with a small amount of illuminator will give you a fresh glow, allowing your skin to show through.
- Lightly apply a bronze eyeshadow in either a cream or powder formula. You just want a washed look, not an opaque look.
- Right at your lash line apply black eyeliner. Make sure to keep the line at your lash line. The point is to not look like you have black eyeliner on, but to rather look like you were born with it.
- Move on to your cheeks. Use a cream bronze blush to give a dewy, not so made up makeup look. Ladies, this is great for those of use who cannot leave the house without a bit of facial contouring. You can also follow up with a tiny bit of powder bronzer lightly dusted around the hairline, jawline and sides of your nose. Remember to blend these out… nothing worse than a streaky face.
- Apply a couple strokes of mascara. Remember, this is a daytime look. You don’t want the mascara to be the focus.
- Last, apply your orange or variation of orange lipstick. I like to apply a layer, then blot. Apply another layer, then blot. Kissing the back of your hand is also effective just in case there is no blotting tissue available.