Once you have tried the gentle power of an oatmeal scrub, your skin never wants anything else again.
Even as long as 4000 years ago people knew about the skin soothing properties of oatmeal and it is still is one of the most used ingredients in natural skin care.
A homemade oatmeal facial scrub cleans gently, and you can be confident that it is free of chemicals and other irritating additives.
What to use
- • 1 cup oatmeal (not the instant kind) ground up in a food processor
• 1 tbsp brown sugar (you can use white refined sugar if you don’t have brown sugar on hand)
• 1 teaspoon sweet almond oil (my favorite, but you can substitute coconut or even olive oil)
• 2 tbsp regular milk (no fat-free here, please!)
• The whites of one egg (you can use the whole egg if you please)
The oatmeal really needs to be ground up finely to be useful in a scrub. I like to use a food processor for this.
Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix together. If the consistency isn’t spreadable, add a few more drops of oil.
Apply in a circular motion to face and neck. If you need more brown sugar, add it in. Your goal is to exfoliate the dead skin on your face.
Rinse with a warm washcloth.
Apply moisturizer to cleansed, scrubbed skin.