What better to offset the spring runway’s preponderance of exotic prints, slinky jumpsuits, and bold patterns crammed with oversize blooms, than a beauty look that is both strong and sophisticated.
“My inspiration for spring was a very sexy woman,” explains François Nars, Founder and Creative Director of NARS Cosmetics.
“I wanted a bit of a ‘70s feeling, somewhere between Guy Bourdin and Chris Von Wangenheim’s photographs—aggressive, but very sensual and fragile at the same time.”
NARS Spring 2009 Makeup Collection is surprisingly sweet and soft. I can’t wait to get my hands on the Hungry Heart Blush Duo (iridescent gold ivory and pink sand with golden sheen) and Shrinagar Lipstick (metallic raspberry!).
Here’s what else is in this collection:
NEW! NARS Duo Concealer
* Vanilla/Honey (fair complexions)
* Custard/Ginger (light to medium complexions)
* Praline/Toffee (medium to dark complexions)
NARS Duo Eyeshadow (New Shades)
* Egea (frosted sage and smoky lilac)
* Hula Hula (strawberry with gold particles and hazelnut with gold glitter particles)
NARS Single Eyeshadow (New Shades)
* Baby Girl (cotton candy with golden undertones and gold particles)
* Grenadines (matte garnet)
* Night Sun (bright marigold with gold particles)
NARS Multiple Duo (New Shade)
* Orgasm/South Beach (peachy pink and apricot with shimmer)
NARS Multiple Bronzer (New Shade)
* Cap Vert (medium to dark complexions with red undertones)
NARS Lip Gloss (New Shade)
* Sweet Revenge (sheer pink grapefruit)
NARS Lipstick (New Shade)
* Shrinagar (metallic raspberry)
NARS Spring 2009 Makeup Collection is currently available online at NARScosmetics.com.