Selena Gomez turned heads on the red carpet at the MTV Movies Awards with her chic and modern pompadour. Several readers wrote in for a “How To” on the edgy style.
Marissa Marino of the Nine Zero One Salon created the look for the ‘Come and Get It’ singer.
1. To create the pompadour, section off hair from the front of your hairline and sprinkle it with a volumizing dust like UNITE Expanda Dust throughout. Tease it back, using a comb. Next, pin this section with a bobby pin to secure it in place.
2. Take the rest of the hair and make five small ponytails down the center of your head.
3. Create a French braid using all of the ponytails together.
4. Spray a flexible hold hairspray all over to tame frizzies and smooth the sides around the hairline.
5. To make the braid look undone, pull it apart and pin these pieces down, using bobby pins.
6. Finish the look with a maximum holding hairspray to tame down any flyaways.