Grooming eyebrows can be a pain but with all the techniques out there, you can definitely find the perfect one for you. Between plucking, threading and waxing, my personal favorite is waxing. My LA go-to is Wax Poetic Salon in Burbank. I would suggest going to a professional for facial waxing because your face is something you don’t want to risk messing with! Here are some tips for a successful wax trip:
Tips for Eyebrow Waxing:
- Always make sure the professional is using face wax. It is made for sensitive skin and not as harsh as leg or other waxes.
- Speak-up if the wax is too hot. Extremely hot wax can burn your face or cause prolonged redness.
- If you break-out easily, notify the specialist and request a natural ointment that will prevent post-waxing blemishes.
- Wait at least two weeks between waxes or until hair is about 1/2 inch long. Effective waxes can last up to six weeks.
- Between waxes- avoid plucking stray hairs unless they are 1/2 long. This will ensure a cleaner, better shaped eyebrow result after your next wax.