The holidays are coming. A time filled with good food, fun, and parties galore. Most of us girls love dressing up but if you really want to give your holiday look some oomph, try false lashes. They are the perfect accomplice to a fire engine red lip, pared down nude palette, or even smokey eyes.
Putting on falsies is a lot easier than most women think. Here are some tips to get them looking right and a gallery of trendy looks for some makeup inspiration that you can add some falsies to.
• Use individual lashes. And by individual we mean the ones that come in strips of about 5 – 10 lashes. The literal individual lashes are too time consuming and the full strips are too difficult to pull off as your own.
• Get gluing. Dip the bottom of the lashes in a little dollop of glue. Not a whole lot, just enough. This is best done with a pair of tweezers.
• And press. Set the lashes as close to your actual lashes as you can. The glue should adhere to your own lashes as well as the lid to get the best grip. Work from the outside in.
• Add makeup and voila. Applying mascara will marry the lashes with your own. Or, you can skip mascara all together since falsies add enough emphasis on their own.
• Note: Less is more. Fake eyelashes are the perfect counterpoint to many of the very soft, nearly naked faces or the bright pops of lip color that call for little else. No mascara is even needed if, especially if you use falsies! However, they can also take a smoked out eye to the next level of wow.