Every beauty buff would agree: the search to find makeup that doesn’t clog pores and just works with the skin is never ending.
Mineral makeup, a somewhat new addition to the beauty market, has become increasingly popular over the past few years as it can be used for all skin types, has fewer added chemicals and allows the skin to breathe. But, beware – is every brand of mineral makeup really true mineral makeup?
- Scrape ¼ tablespoon of powder mix into ½ cup of water
- Mix blend for 5-10 seconds
- The powder mix should float on top of the water
- If blend mixes with water and transforms into a milky substance or the powder sinks to the bottom – your powder mix is not true mineral makeup
- Finally, insert your finger into the water – if the powder mix on your finger goes from “gooey” to “powdery” when rubbing fingers together, you’ve found a true mineral makeup